John T. Manclark, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is director of test and evaluation, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. He is responsible for all policy, resources and oversight of developmental and operational testing and is the focal point for foreign materiel acquisition and exploitation.
Mr. Manclark entered the Air Force and was commissioned in 1969 through
Officer Training School, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. He completed undergraduate
pilot training in 1970 and numerous tours in tactical aviation as a flight
commander and operations officer. He later served as commander of the 4477th
Test and Evaluation Squadron. He completed two staff tours, first as chief
of aircrew assignments, Headquarters Tactical Air Command and later as
chief of policy and programs division, directorate of test and evaluation,
Headquarters, U.S. Air Force. He retired from active duty as a colonel
in 1994 and entered the Senior Executive Service in 1995.
1968 Bachelor of science degree in civil engineering, University of Dayton, Ohio
1976 Master of science degree in management, Troy State University, Ala.
1982 Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1989 Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1. April 1969 - April 1970, student, pilot training, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas
2. April 1970 - October 1970, student, T-38 instructor training, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
3. October 1970 - August 1973, T-38 instructor pilot, 3500th Flying Training Squadron, Reese Air Force Base, Texas
4. August 1973 - January 1974, student, F-4 replacement training unit, George Air Force Base, Calif.
5. January 1974 - June 1974, F-4 pilot, 435th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Ubon Air Base, Thailand
6. June 1974 - January 1975, F-4 instructor pilot, 4th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Udorn Air Base, Thailand
7. January 1975 - September 1978, flight commander, 313th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Hahn Air Base, West Germany
8. September 1978 - January 1979, student, F-5E aggressor training, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
9. January 1979 - January 1982, chief, standardization and evaluation, 527th Aggressor Squadron, Royal Air Force Station Alconbury, England
10. January 1982 - June 1982, student, Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
11. June 1982 - January 1985, chief, aircrew assignments, directorate of personnel, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, Langley Air Force Base, Va.
12. January 1985 - November 1985, operations officer, 64th Aggressor Squadron, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
13. November 1985 - November 1987, squadron commander, 4477th Test and Evaluation Squadron, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
14. November 1987 - June 1988, assistant director for operations, 57th Fighter Weapon Wing, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
15. June 1988 - June 1989, student, Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
16. June 1989 - May 1990, chief, warfighting analysis division, director of plans, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
17. May 1990 - January 1995, chief, operational test and evaluation division, director of plans, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
18. January 1995 - January 1998, deputy director, test and evaluation, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
19. January 1998 - present, director, test and evaluation, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
(Current as of October 1998)